Packing up for your Fourth of July road trip? Don’t forget to add these to your packing list!
- Bring at least a quart of oil and some extra coolant, in case you run low in an area where services stations are few and far between.
- You would be surprised at how many things can be temporarily fixed with duct tape, so toss a roll in your trunk before you leave!
- Have a high quality spare tire with you – some choose to save money by purchasing a cheap spare, but when driving in unfamiliar territory, it’s a comfort to know you are supported by four sturdy tires.
- As confident as you may be that you know how to get where you’re going, bring the GPS! You don’t want to spend your vacation lost.
- Don’t forget your supplies: the car’s jack, a screwdriver, a pair of pliers, vise grips and a couple of flares.
- Although you should NOT text or use your cell phone while driving, have it with you in case of an emergency. It also helps if you want to pull over and snap a few photos of your trip!
Have a great and safe Fourth of July holiday, everyone! Courtesy of Car Talk