When you think of Chicago car parts, hopefully the first name that comes to mind is Aero Auto Parts, the shop where you’ll always find the best selection of both new and used auto parts in Chicagoland.
We also hope you have a well-stocked summer emergency kit in your car for roadside emergencies. Here’s our list of 9 essentials we think you should have in your kit.
The 9 Essentials
- Visibility equipment – We recommend reflective triangles or LED flares, safer than traditional flares, especially if children are around.
- Water – Have at least one gallon of water for each person.
- Sunscreen – Most dermatologists recommend an SPF 30 or higher sunscreen to protect again burning summer rays.
- Reflective blanket – Essential to provide shade if you’re stuck for a long period on the side of the highway. If necessary, a winter blanket can be used for shade.
- First aid kit – This item should be part of every emergency kit, summer or winter, and should include some ointment, bandages, gauze, adhesive tape and tweezers. And for those with life-threatening allergies, an EpiPen.
- Small tool kit – You should also have this in your car the year around. Include an adjustable wrench, pliers, several screwdrivers and duct tape. A simple tool might help you get back on the road.
- Flashlight – An LED flashlight is a good option for longer battery and bulb life.
- Tire sealant – The sealant can repair holes in a tire tread up to ¼ inch in diameter.
- Jumper cables – Another item to have on hand the year around.
Hopefully, these essentials will get you through a roadside emergency. And for the best selection of new or used Chicago auto parts, we hope Aero Auto Parts will always be your first stop.